Friday, late afternoon, our agency emailed us a plan B for traveling in September. It still had to be reviewed by their China rep who could quite possibly say no, it would not work. We spent the day yesterday (Saturday) traveling home from Alabama so I didn't have a chance to check email until getting home yesterday evening. After a good 30 minutes on the phone with Verizon tech support (in India I think...) they were able to help me figure out why I could not get online. All worthwhile (For me anyway: Verizon tech support earned her paycheck with my call. I actually heard relief in her voice when I said I was connected!) because there was an email from our agency with specifics on their plan B and a response from the China rep saying that she thinks it could work. We will not know for sure until next week (of course...). The kicker, well there are two, is that we will have to be in China for an extra 7 days and thus it will cost more. Approximate dates are leaving for China September 23 and returning home October 16. That's a looong time for us to be away from Timothy, Elias and Natalie and an equally looong time for Matt to be in a foreign country. I'm more concerned for us missing our three at home than them missing us. They will be with loving, caring and competent grandparents and family friends. As for Matt being out of the US for that long, I have no doubt he will pull himself together: When he heard 3 1/2 weeks he thought he was going to be physically sick but somehow found the ability to hold it down.
Now that our travel approval has been issued, Anna has most likely been returned to the orphanage. We trust in His perfect plan and His redeeming, restoring power. Please say a prayer for her and the hands taking care of her.
No comments:
Post a Comment