Monday, September 27, 2010

Video and Photos from Meeting Anna and First 24 Hours

 
Meeting Anna!!!


Leaving with her!

Paperwork in the hotel room.  Sealing it with our signatures and thumbprints.

Finalizing her adoption the next day.  Stamping her right foot.


Leaving the notary.  She is officially ours!!!

What you don't see is the video prior that shows Anna laughing whenever Matt would pound the ball and her throwing the ball back to Matt.  I had to clarify because in this one it looks like he is trying to annoy her.  I chose this one though because you can see and hear more of her.  
Like our rec room area :)?  This where we sit and play Scrabble when she takes her afternoon nap. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was great to see these pictures and the kids and I loved the video clip. She's precious! We're so excited for you guys!

Love,
Mary

Anonymous said...

Wow what answers to prayer! I love hearing Matt laughing in the video - you can tell he is just so glad to finally be with his daughter! She is a cutie pie! Praying for you guys! ~Rhonda

sabrina said...

Oh my word!!! She is just adorable!!! And so active. . . It looks like you will have plenty to do with her around. :) You all look so happy. So glad it is official!!! You will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers every day. Love you, Sabrina

Anonymous said...

Oh my word Tana!!!! I love the video! She is precious!! I read these words today by Steven Curtis Chapman and thought of you and Matt... "What Now"


I saw the face of Jesus in a little orphan girl
She was standing in the corner on the other side of the world
And I heard the voice of Jesus gently whisper to my heart
Didn't you say you wanted to find me?
Well here I am, here you are

So, What now?
What will you do now that you found Me?
What now?
What will you do with this treasure you've found?
I know I may not look like what you expected
But if you remember this is right where I said I would be
You've found me
What now?



Love you guys! Amy

Our goals in this blog are two-fold. We want to keep friends and family informed and updated but we also pray that you would be moved to do your part in making the invisible God visible to those who are orphaned or at risk of becoming orphaned. There are so many ways to do something. God’s heart is for the orphan (James 1:27) and if you ask Him for direction in this He will answer.

For those of you sensing to support us, here is how you can do so as of now.

  • PRAISE for her life and for the opportunity we have to be her family.
  • Prayers for guidance in preparing for her to join our family; protection and care for her and direction for the hands caring for her; expedited Travel Approval - much sooner than we woudld anticipate; and leading as we make plans for our 3 other childrne while we are in China.
  • Financial assistance for the costs associated with her adoption (The total will be around $32,000). While it is humbling to include this we sensed that we should. We know that helping financially is a gift some have been given, and we do not have the right to let our pride get in the way of those of you who are called to serve in this way.